It is the time for backpacking to explore the new world. But the key factor while deciding the place of destination is budget. Budget plays a vital role in taking the decision, especially for overseas travel. International travel has its own pleasure, thrill, which you would need for a holiday destination in our own country. Have a look at these economical places to visit from India.
- Nepal: Nepal is a landlocked country in South Asia. Surrounded by the mighty Himalayas, parts of Gangetic plains and garden of snow. It shares the boundary with India and China. It is the cheapest place from India to visit. Kathmandu is the nation’s big city and capital. Mount Everest is the highest peak in the world is located in Nepal China border.
Places to Visit: Dakshinkali temple, Barun valley, Parsa Wildlife Reserve, Buddhanath Stupa, Bhaktapur, Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park, Pashupatinath, Shechen Monastery, Lumbini, Siddha Gufa, Hanuman Dhoka, Devi Fall, Shuklaphanta Wildlife Reserve. Kali Gandaki gorge is one of the deepest gorges on earth.
Per day cost is between 1000-2000 INR per night in a decent hotel.
- Bhutan: A Buddhist kingdom in the eastern Himalayas is famous for its monasteries, fortresses (or dzonge) and dramatic landscapes. Thimpu is the capital and largest city. The highest point in Bhutan is Gangkhar Puensum at 7570 m, the highest unclimbed mountain in the world.
Places to Visit: Phuentsholing, Dochulas pass, Haa valley, Thimpu, Trashigang, Rinpung Dzong.
Per day stay cost is between Rs.1500-2000 per night per person.
Cost of meal per day depends on where you dine but a normal meal cost Rs.200-400.
- Laos: Laos is the only landlocked country in Southeast Asia at the heart of Indonesian peninsula. Capital and largest city are Vientiane. Laos is known for its mountainous forest, beautiful French architecture, plains, and plateaus. It can be your first preference for holiday destination if you are planning to travel economically from India.
Places to Visit: Wat Phu, Siphau Don, Phonsauan, Namtha, Tham Kong Lo, Nong Kian.Per day cost: If you want to stay in a dormitory it will cost between Rs400-800 per night. But if you are planning to stay in the hotel will cost above Rs1000.
Meal cost: restaurant food cost between 200-400 INR, while street food Cost Rs100-200.
- Philippines: It is located in the Pacific ring of fire and close to the Equator. It is famous for its beaches. Multiple ethnicities and cultures are found throughout the island and also famous for volcano visits. Manila is the capital and largest city of Philippines.
Places to see: Palawan, El Nido, Iloilo, Cordilleras, Ilocos, Chocolate Hills, Bicol Surigao, etc. Per day cost: stay in hotel cost less than Rs700 per night
Meal cost: restaurant food cost between Rs200-400 only.
- Vietnam: it is the easternmost country on the Indochina Peninsula. It is recommended to visit here because of its affordable accommodation, economical and healthy food and of course, beautiful sights make Vietnam an economical Southeast Asian destination. Hanoi is the capital and largest city of Vietnam.
Places to visit: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh city, Sapa, Ha Long Bay, Trang, Mekong Delta, etc. Cost per day: per day stay cost is between Rs.800-1000 per night.
Cost of meal: food in a restaurant will cost 100-200 INR per person.
- Indonesia: It is the world largest island country consist of more than thirteen thousand islands. Borobudur is the world’s largest Buddhist temple, is the most visited tourist attraction in Indonesia. Jakarta and Yogyakarta knew for gamelan music and traditional puppetry. This country is one of the cheapest countries to visit from India.
Places to visit: Bali, Jakarta, Lombok, Malang, Ubud, Kuta, Denpasar, etc. Cost per day: hotel ranging between Rs.1000-2000 per night and dorms are also available to cost less than 1000 INR per night.Cost of meal: food in a restaurant will cost 400-700 INR per person.
- Sri Lanka: is one of the amazing places for a holiday visit. It is known for its amazing golden beaches, sights seeing, woods, green tea gardens, and foods. This country is one of the low-cost countries to visit from India.
Places to visit: Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, Polonnaruwa, Adams peak, Sigiriya Rock Fortress, Yala National Park. Cost per day: hotel ranging between Rs.700-1000 per night.
Cost of meal: food in a restaurant will cost 400-1000 INR per person.