Ramzan is a holy month of Islamic calendar and is observed by Muslims globally as a month of fasting to celebrate the first epiphany of the Quran to Mohammad according to Islamic acceptance.
In this month Islamic people worldwide practice fasting from dawn to dusk. The pre-daylight meal before the fast is called sehri, while the meal at sunset that breaks the fast is the iftar. Ramadan is a month in which Muslims engaged in increased prayer and charity (Zakat al-Fitr). At the time of iftar, people use to eat dates (khajur) as they prefer it as Sunnah if they breaks fast with the same. Here are some interesting facts about dates as why would it is highly recommendable to eat dates during Ramadan and also in regular life. During sehri, if you eat dates it prevents to become thirstier whole day. And at the time of the dusk meal, if you eat, it acts as energy balls. So here we have some benefits of eating dates.
- Rich in protein and vitamin: Dates are the rich source of protein and vitamin that helps us to become healthier and stay fit. It contains vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, B5, and vitamin K. it also contains certain essential minerals such as calcium, iron, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, zinc, magnesium. These nutritional ingredients are important for your body.
- Act as energy booster: Dates are the rich source of natural sugar such as glucose, sucrose, and fructose. It helps to increases your energy and stamina.
- An antidote to allergies: The most alluring feature of dates is the presence of organic sulphur in it. This is an unusual element to be found in fruits, but it has a valuable amount of health benefits is made up of the reduction of allergic and seasonal reaction.
- Helps in digestion: If you regularly soak 3-4 dates in water overnight and chew on next morning, it can help to improve the efficiency of the digestive process and help you to enable a healthy weight. It is also recommended to those who have a problem of constipation, as it has a high rate of soluble fiber, which is crucial in promoting healthy bowel movements and comfortable passage of food through the intestinal path which can relieve the symptom of constipation.
- Cure Anemia: Dates have a high level of mineral contents, which is important for many different health conditions and it also rich in iron which is more splendid nutritional therapy for anemia. It accelerates the amount of hemoglobin in your body which thereby increases energy and strength and decreases the sense of lethargy and weakness.
- Decline cholesterol: One of the utmost interesting facts about dates is that it is free from cholesterol and contain a very little amount of fat. If you consume it in smaller quantity on daily basis it can help you keep a check on cholesterol level and even helps in weight loss and maintaining a healthy weight.
- Maintaining heart well-being: Dates are useful in keeping your heart healthy. Dates are the abundant source of potassium that reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke. If you eat 2-3 dates daily it can seriously improve the overall heart-related problem and your heart become strong and healthy.
- Good for skin: This sweet fruit also contains vitamin C and D that keeps your skin smooth and glowing. One more impressive fact about dates is that it acts as the anti-aging element. It improves all skin related problem and prevents accretion of melanin in your body.
- Maintain nervous system: The vitamins and minerals present in dates makes your nervous system healthy and improves speed and alertness of brain activity. As discussed earlier dates have a high level of potassium which increases brain power and sharpness. You will grow to be more strong and active.
It is recommended to eat dates fruit not just because of its taste but also because of its nutritional value and health benefits. One should eat 2-3 dates every day to stay fit and healthy. Now you are able to know why people have it during Ramadan.